Format & Rules
Get ready for a spectacular day of team competition at Casselview Golf & Country Club!
- 1pm shotgun start
- 10 teams of 12 players each with s six pairs per team
- Three match-play formats: Scramble, Best Ball and Singles
- Two-person scramble for the first six holes or less (two points for the winning team)
- Two-person best ball for next six holes or less (four points for the winning team)
- Individual matches vs. both opponents for however many holes remain (two points per match)
- If a Scramble or Best Ball match is over after four or five holes, the next format/match starts on the next hole
- Total of 14 points available in each foursome
- The team with the most points at the end wins the Commish’s Cup!
- In the event of a tie, the anchor pairing from each team will play a sudden-death playoff using the two-person Scramble format
- Players who live in postal codes that are not on the list can be recruited as “captain picks”
- There are no stroke-and-distance penalties for this event; instead, the ball is dropped at at the point of entry with a one-stroke penalty
- This event follows the Slammer Tour's tee-block assignment concept based on scoring median and driving distance
- Guest team captains must provide scoring average and average driving distance for each of their players and tee-block assignments will be assigned accordingly
- Some tee-box assignment exceptions may be required if it is deemed by the Committee and Team Captains that a player is in a grey area and an adjustment would be better for the group
- Guest teams have specific recruitment rules which can be found by clicking here
- Grandfather clause: anyone who has played for any particular team in the past may play for that team again
- The Michelob Ultra Long Bomb: Optional $10 entry gets players a nice cold Michelob Ultra, a golf ball and a shot at the moola on hole #1!
- ProMotion Orthotics Doggies: Each doggie (closest-to-the-pin) is worth 100 bones with the remaining 100 going to the kids. Players must make par or better to win.
- ClubEG Members: $95 + HST
- Non Members: $110 + HST
- Obligitory $15 in wagers to be paid to Team Captain ($10 towards winning team and $5 for ProMotion Doggies)
- Click here for info about becoming a ClubEG member